Mastering Motion Capture
York Guildhall, St Martins Courtyard, Coney St, York YO1 9QL
10.00am – 4.00pm
XR Stories presents a series of five masterclasses focusing on different areas of XR technology, skills and techniques used for digital storytelling. These sessions are open to SMEs based in the Leeds City Region.
Our motion capture masterclass will provide an in-depth breakdown of motion capture technology and give participants the opportunity to use this technology under the guidance of industry experts. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions specific to your own creative projects.
You will learn:
- How to choose a performance capture technology based on the needs of a project
- How to set-up and calibrate a motion-capture suit
- How to capture a performance using a motion-capture suit
- How to post-process the performance i.e. in a game engine like Unreal.
XR Stories Masterclasses are funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Please note that, due to limited availability, businesses are only able to sign up for a maximum of two masterclasses.
- Spatial audio – Wednesday, 22 June 2022
- Pitching Ideas – Wednesday, 21 September 2022
- 3D capture – Wednesday, 19 October 2022
- 360 filmmaking – Wednesday, 16 November 2022