Introduction to Virtual Production
XPLOR, Production Park, Langthwaite Grange Ind Estate, South Kirby, Pontefract, WF9 3NR
Virtual production is an emerging production method that uses a suite of software tools, or games engines (eg Unity, Unreal Engine), to combine live action footage and computer graphics in real-time content creation. Its prominence, in both the creative and screen industries, has soared over the last 18 months.
The Screen Industries Growth Network (SIGN), sister project XR Stories, and industry partner, XPLOR, invite you to this event where we will demystify virtual production and delve into the creative and business opportunities it brings.
Virtual production covers a range of processes from pre-visualisation to CGI and LED wall in-camera real time visual effects.
Join us to:
- Explore how virtual production can unlock creativity
- Examine the software and hardware tools used in virtual production
- Consider how traditional workflows can be complemented with these new techniques
- Investigate how remote production can facilitate collaboration
- Explore the impact of these technologies on audiences of the future
- Understand how virtual production can contribute to environmental and financial sustainability
A number of exhibitors with hands-on demonstrations will be available throughout the day.
Based on Production Park in South Kirkby, XPLOR is the world’s first research and innovation centre for entertainment technology and production. Production Park is the world’s premier campus for live events, film and TV, where industry, education and innovation come together in the creation of live experiences.
Photo credit: MELS Studios
9am to 9.45am – Registration and Refreshments
9.55am to 10am – Welcome from XPLOR
10am to 10.40am – Keynote
10.40am to 11am – Refreshments
11am to 12 noon – Panel session: Unlocking Creativity
12 noon to 1.30pm – Lunch
1.30pm to 2.30pm – Panel session: Production Management and Sustainability
2.30pm to 3pm – Plenary
3pm – Networking
- Kevin Cooney, Creative Director, LEVEL uk
- Caroline Cooper Charles, Chief Executive, Screen Yorkshire
- Phil Holdgate, Head of Production Sustainability, ITV Studios
- Alistair Maclean-Clark, CEO and Co-Founder, Prox & Reverie
- Damian Murphy, Director, XR Stories
- AnnaBeth Robinson, Programme Leader, BA (Hons) Animation, University of Salford
- Kenneth Tindall, Artistic Director of Digital and Choreographer in Residence, Northern Ballet
- Bethany Watrous, Director, Experience Heritage
Exhibitors and Demonstrations
Coronavirus (Covid-19) mitigation
Protect. Respect. Be Kind.
We strongly recommend the use of face coverings during your visit and ask that attendees take a lateral flow test prior to attending.
An increased cleaning regime will be implemented throughout the duration of the event.
We will continue to monitor the ever-changing situation closely in relation to coronavirus (Covid-19) and update delegates accordingly. We are taking advice from our partners, the University of York, relevant local authorities, and the UK government.
How to find the venue
Distance from nearest rail station: Moorthorpe (0.3 miles)