Mastering 3D Capture
York Guildhall, St Martins Courtyard, Coney St, York YO1 9QL
10.00am – 4.00pm
XR Stories presents a series of five masterclasses focusing on five different areas of XR technology, skills and techniques used for digital storytelling. These sessions are open to SMEs based in the Leeds City Region.
This creative masterclass will demonstrate how 3D capture works and give you hands-on training in the hardware and software related to the technology. You will also have the opportunity to ask industry experts for guidance on how to use 3D capture in your own creative projects.
You will learn:
- How to choose the right 3D scanner for a chosen object
- How to achieve optimal lighting conditions for scanning an object
- How to post-process the data once the object has been scanned
- What you can do with the 3D scan once processed e.g. importing into a games engine, such as Unity or Unreal.
These masterclasses are funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Please note that, due to limited availability, businesses are only able to sign up for a maximum of two masterclasses.
- Spatial audio – Wednesday, 22 June 2022
- Motion capture – Wednesday, 27 July 2022
- Pitching Ideas – Wednesday, 21 September 2022
- 360 filmmaking – Wednesday, 16 November 2022