Storylab: six stories supported and developed by XR Stories
The XR Stories funded Storylab project has provided support to early-career screen industries talent in Leeds City Region to deliver immersive and interactive stories.
Working in partnership with BRiGHTBLACK, XR Stories funded masterclasses and mentoring, enabling participants to evolve their ideas into developed stories.
Following on from the Bradford XR FilmMakers masterclass which kicked off the work, XR Stories then funded the development of six projects from Storylab participants. Each one explored how innovative technology could be used to engage and challenge audiences.
Tanya Vital, creator of Vital Stories, says: “If XR Stories hadn’t believed in my idea and helped fund its development, the UK’s first fully immersive, interactive, choose-your-own adventure, live-action crime thriller on Twitch, would have never been made.”
Explore the six projects below:
- Vital Stories by Tanya Vital and Urban Conceptz Theatre
- Think Twice by Hollie Bryan and Emma Nuttall
- Into-Visible by Jin Craven
- NDEVR by Kate Wellham and Michaela French
- A Carnival Comes to Town by Mike Leigh Cooper
- The Interview by Kate Wellham, Mike Leigh Cooper, Joseph Hird and Imran Azam.
Published on 25 January 2022Filed under: Digital storytelling, R&D Projects, XR Stories