XR Stories offers a variety of digital and immersive equipment which is free to hire for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) located in the Leeds City Region (The Leeds City Region includes Barnsley, Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield and York).
Our catalogue includes high-definition 360 recording equipment, virtual reality headsets and high power work stations designed for game engine workflows. For full details, please see the list below.
How to book
If you are interested in booking some of our equipment, please email [email protected]. If you are eligible, the hire will be free of charge. We require the equipment to be insured up to the purchase price before loaning. We will discuss this with you at the enquiry stage.
In order to be eligible for equipment loans and technical support, the following criteria must be satisfied:
- Your business must be classified as an SME in the Leeds City Region (LEP)
- Your business must have employed less than 250 full-time equivalent (FTE) staff in your last full accounting period
- Your annual turnover should be less than 50,000,000 euros. See the latest exchange rate.
- Your annual balance sheet total should be less than 43,000,000 euros
- Your business has received less than 200,000 euros in state-aid over the last 3 fiscal years
- Your business is registered on Companies House with a valid VAT number
- Your business should be less than 25% owned by another company or combination of companies.
- We will ask you to complete and sign an eligibility form after you have contacted us.
Please be assured that we are taking a number of precautions in regard to equipment loans to ensure the safety of our staff and loanees. If you would like to know more about our precautions, please contact us for more information.
In National Lockdowns, we won’t be able to provide any equipment due to Government and University guidelines, however, we may be able to provide remote support via video call.
The equipment available to hire through XR Stories has been funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
XR Stories is receiving up to £648,065 of funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme. The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (and in London the intermediate body Greater London Authority) is the Managing Authority for European Regional Development Fund.
XR Stories is funded as a part of ERDF’s digital agenda, to support small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). As an ERDF-funded initiative, XR Stories has a remit to be a part of improving and developing the creative economy in the Leeds City Region.
For more information about ERDF, please visit the Government’s guidance on European Structural and Investment Funds.